How to install a RIB Seat:
The Kiravans RIB Seat Installation Kit includes all the high-tensile steel nuts, bolts & washers you will need to complete your installation. Installation of the RIB seat should take about half a day if you have the right tools to hand. Full step-by-step instructions with photos are included but in brief, the process is:
- Remove the plastic under-van covers and drop down the rear end of your exhaust pipe.
- Bolt the Kiravans under floor seat installation bracket to your chassis (exact locations are defined in the instructions).
- Drill up from beneath the van using the pre-drilled holes in the bracket as a guide.
- Place your seat over these holes and drop the two central rear bolts down.
- Mark the forward mounting holes from above using the RIB seats reinforced bolt holes as your guide.
- Move the seat aside and drill down for these forward bolts.
- Re-position the seat and drop all the bolts through, then fit washers and nuts.
STATUS: The Kiravans RIB Seat fitting system has been pull tested with a 112cm RIB seat, in-vehicle, to the latest EC safety standards at STATUS Lab and witnessed by TUV Deutschland. It passed with rock-solid performance. We even did the test using a RIB seat with a slider mechanism fitted, as this makes the seat heavier and the test forces higher.
Note:The Kiravans system has not been homologated by UTAC or TUV. It will not be possible to get your vehicle homologated in France or Germany with this system.