If your swivel was damaged in transit we will happily send you one of these replacement bolts free of charge.
This replacement bolt does not include the nut and washer as these can be reused from your existing one.
This is not a difficult job but if you don’t have access to reasonably good tools and some thread lock we recommend that you ask a mechanic to do it.
- Slacken the screw about one turn from the ‘locked down’ position.
- Use a spanner to grip the nut or wedge something between it and the guide to prevent it rotating.
- Use a vice-grip to catch the bolt below the knob and unscrew it from the nut. It is secured with thread lock but should not be difficult to unscrew.
- Be careful not to lose either the waved washer above the nut or the flat washer below it.
- Reassemble using the new screw.
- When all the components are in place, position the nut about 3 turns down from the shoulder on the bolt and apply thread lock to the bolt threads above the nut.
- Then tighten the nut up against the shoulder of the bolt. Allow some time for the thread lock to set.
How to order
We don't like to see customers with missing or broken parts. That's why we always try to keep a stock of spare parts right here at Kiravans HQ. All you need to do is find the part you need and let us know what it is and where you want it sending by emailing email@example.com or by calling the team on 0113 804 2125.
We don't charge for this service, all we ask is for a small donation to a charity of your choice :)